Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Wedding bells are ringing

I went to my cousin Cathy's wedding this past Saturday and remembered why I want to be a wedding planner again. You know how sometimes reality hits you, and you realize that your dreams are kind of ridiculous, and you should focus on more realistic goals? Well, I had that, kind of, but the opposite. I realized that I am basically in love with all things weddings (photography, dresses, food, cute stationery, party planning), and who am I to deny the desire to do what I love?

Plus, I would be amazing at it. I mean, I'm not gonna lie -- I'm not the most multi-talented of people, but event planning... that I can do.

Anyway, it was an absolutely beautiful outdoor ceremony. I wish more of my relatives had shown up though. Can you believe that out of the 23049820384 cousins we have, I was the only one there? I had a good amount of bubbly, despite my mother's watchful eye (she honestly thinks I'm going to pass out from alcohol poisoning after one flute of champagne). I was so impressed by the reception - the whole ballroom was absolutely decked out and so gorgeous.

When Curtis's sister started making her toast to Curtis about growing up with him, she just started tearing up, and then of course I started bawling because I'm the biggest piece of sap around. I got to thinking of the day my brother gets married and boy, I don't even think I'll get past saying his name before I burst into tears.

After that, I got all wedding-obsessed and started shopping for Vera Wang dresses online and checking out potential bling. Sigh. My future husband better be loaded... that's all I'm going to say.

My cousin's new house is on a street named "Summertime Lane." What an adorable street name. How in the world did we get stuck with "Portofino"? I tried to Google map it so I could tell my best friend exactly how many miles (or .75 of miles, or whatever) we are about to live apart, but we aren't even on the map yet. What the hell is Portofino? It sounds like an unappetizing type of mushroom, and I can already foresee having to repeat it and spell it out to people over the phone. We should be all moved in by the time I come home from school (June 16... almost there.) My new room is a seafoamy blue-green. I don't know what kind of whitewashed family we are becoming all of a sudden, painting our walls different colors and all of that.

1 comment:

Teresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.